[rhn-users] GD extensions

Paul Duffield magicnet at its-magic.net
Tue Feb 7 19:26:30 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have RHE 4 installed and have been asked by some programmers to enable GD
extensions for image handling.

It looks like the GD extension packages are on the server but
possibly/apparently not configured. Which I believe needs to be done at
compilation time.

Being a relative newbie to Linux generally I wonder is there anywhere I can
be directed to for a tutorial on how to install / compile php to get the
extensions "switched on" ?

Alternatively it seems that if I upgrade a couple of increments on the php
version that GD is enabled during the installation process.  (php 4.3.9
.x86_64  - .9 to .11 upgrade or higher maybe?)

If I upgrade the php version whilst I am doing this (saves having to worry
about various switches and flags if I use the later version) will in
invalidate any support package in RHE 4 ?

Any observations or how to's appreciated!

Regards to all,

Paul

ITS Magic