[rhn-users] config channel usage?

Omer Faruk Sen omer at faruk.net
Fri Feb 24 14:02:04 UTC 2006

Hi,

I want to know if I am using rhcfg in the way that it should be. It seems
a bit complicate...

I do the following:

1) rhcfg-manager --create-channel test_channel
2) Then I login to rhn Channels --> Configuration --> Config Channels than
I rank my created config channel (test_channel) as 2 since rank 1 is
reserved for Local System Config Channel
3)Then I add a file to test_channel using rhncfg-manager add /etc/fstab
--channel=test_channel
4) Then to test it I change /etc/fstab
5) Then I commit it using rhncfg-manager update /etc/fstab
--channel=test_channel

Is this the way that it should be or I am missing something?

--
Omer Faruk Sen
http://www.faruk.net