[rhn-users] Problems getting X started

Kjell Arne Arvesen kjell.arvesen at siegedesign.no
Mon Jan 9 13:48:33 UTC 2006

Hiya.

I'm trying to run startX when everything freezes.
I've just updated from kernel-2.6.9-5.EL to kernel-2.6.9-22.0.1.EL
(Redhat enterprise version 4).
I suspect this to be a problem related to the graphics driver because I
can see and move the black X (mouse pointer) and see some blue at the
top of the screen.
But everything else except the mouse freezes, which is kinda annoying.

My server is a Dell PowerEdge 830 with ATI Radeon 7000-M graphics card.

Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

- Kjell Arne :)