[rhn-users] Has ext3 finally passed the 2 TB file system threshold?

Doctor Khumalo doctortechie at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 9 14:14:40 UTC 2006

I heard a rumour that the 2-TB file system limitation in the 2.4 linux
kernel has been rectified with 2.6 since it uses the all-new VFS layer,
which is compliant with large addressing. As a result addressing.  As a
result, ext3 in 32 bit RHEL4 is supported up to 8TB.

However, I've never heard of anyone successfully getting a file system to
use that disk space. Has anyone else tried?