[rhn-users] mail not working

Ben Fitzgerald ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 11:10:54 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 02:23:00PM -0900, Duane Christensen wrote:
> Okay, since I see no posts on this I have been attempting, in my newb
> way, to resolve the problem.  So far I have moved the mbox file to tmp,
> then created another blank file by same name, that is "mbox", in
> /var/spool/mail/root.  Was that bad?  I have not been able to find any
> help on this on the web.

has your problem gone away now?

If so, your mail box was too big? try obtaining mutt or mailx and using
-f /tmp/mbox to read this file.

btw - if your /tmp filesystem is mounted as tmpfs then a reboot will
clear /tmp and you will loose your mbox. If you want to keep it move it
to /root/

ben.

--
Registered Linux user number 339435