[rhn-users] Kawasaki LSI USB-Ethernet

Delta.Root Delta.Root at comcast.net
Tue Jan 17 00:39:19 UTC 2006

Well, my efforts to drive out the last remaining Windows box are being
stymied by the KAWETH module.  There are postings as far back as 2001
that relate to the problems with this code, and the bug report was
closed out at Red Hat 7 saying it would be fixed later.

Anyone have the code for that correction?  I think the problem is an out
of memory condition, since most users of this have it on small memory
machines (256MB, in this case), but it really should be made to work
before it fades into obscurity.

The code shows BUSY, kmalloc failures and one other problem condition,
but I've forgotten which one is "-16".  This really makes a simple
install into a pain in the butt.

Thanks in advance,

Delta

PS:  This is the interface on the SONY VAIO laptop port replicator,
vintage F540...