[rhn-users] LVM partition moved but size is not updated.

C. Wilson cowilson at digicomp.com
Fri Jan 20 16:55:20 UTC 2006

I've ghosted /boot partition and the LVM partition (containing the both
the root file system and swap) to a larger partition on another disk.
Everything works fine except for the fact that LVM still believes it's
on a smaller disk. I can't use lvextend or extresize as it believes that
the entire space is being used. PVcreate won't work as the disk IS
actually being used. How do I 'tell' LVM that the partition that it is
currently managing is bigger than it believes?

--
 */Chuck Wilson
Systems Engineer

/*