[rhn-users] Kernel Upgrade Stalling?

Jason Williard jwilliard at pcsafe.com
Sat Jan 21 05:26:26 UTC 2006

I started the upgrade process for the kernel today on my system using RHN.
However, it appears to be stalling at the Testing phase.  It has been
sitting at the following screen for well over an hour:

[root at host up2date]# up2date --download --force kernel-smp

(...)

Name                                    Version        Rel
kernel-smp                              2.4.21         37.0.1.EL
i686

Testing package set / solving RPM inter-dependencies...

Does anyone know why this may be happening?  Is it normal?  My system is
running RHEL3 with a P4 2.8GHz HT & 1GB RAM.

----
Thank You,
Jason Williard