[rhn-users] Software Channel Entitlements

Collard Frederic fcollard at ulg.ac.be
Thu Jan 26 18:04:47 UTC 2006

I am installing a new system with Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS.

During the post-install, there is the following option:
Red Hat Network --> Yes, I want to register my system with Red Hat Network.

With the login/password and the transfer of the system configuration on the
RHN web site, there are no problem: I see the system on the following link:

https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/systems/SystemList.do
Updates Errata Packages System   Base Channel     Entitlement
 V          0        0              facilities  (none)                Update

But, next, with the Red Hat Update Agent, I receive the following message:
"This system may not be updated until it is associated with a channel."

So, how can I add a system to the software channel entitlements ?
(See link 1 and screen copy below)

I have tried, without success, on this page.
(See link 2 and page below)

Thanks in advance for you help.

Best regards.

Frederic Collard

Link 1:
-------
https://rhn.redhat.com/network/software/channels/entitlements.pxt

Screen copy:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS Update 3 Beta (v. 2.1)
0                              1

Link 2:
-------
https://rhn.redhat.com/network/systems/details/channels.pxt?sid=1006266157

Page:
------
facilities
Details Errata Packages Channels Events
 Software
 Software Channel Subscriptions
This system is subscribed to the base channel, listed at top, and to the
checked channels beneath, if any.