[rhn-users] Dual-Boot issue w/ Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 WS and Windows XP Professional x64

Ron Hoering RHoering at justifiedtechnology.com
Fri Jan 27 15:34:53 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a dual-boot Windows XP Pro x64 PC that I loaded RHEL 4 WS AMD64
onto.

When I select Windows it seems to freeze when it goes into protected
mode.
[The ACPI*.* is the last file loaded.]

If I select safe mode it will boot Windows but not Safe Mode w/ Network
Support.

DISK 1 is a SATA 250GB [one partition] with Windows x64
DISK 2 is a SATA 250GB with RHEL 4 WS AMD64 on it. GRUB is on the first
partition of this disk.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Ron

PS: Another AMD64 PC I have works great but it uses the 32-bit version
of
Windows XP.