[rhn-users] error file system check

Prodromos Zanis pzanis at geol.uoa.gr
Tue Jul 4 12:25:34 UTC 2006

Dear RHN users

I run Red Hat 9.
I would be glad if someone could give a hint on the following error.

when I reboot my mashine I got the following error message:
 **************************************
checking root filesystem
WARNING: Your /etc/fstab does not contain the fsck passno field. I will
kludge around things for you, but you should fix your /etc/fstab file as
soon as you can.
fsck.ext2/:
filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
filesystem (and not swap or ufs or sometghing else), then the superblock
is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternative
superblock:
e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
: Is a directory while trying to open /

*** An error occured during the file system check.
*** Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
*** when you leave the shell.
Give root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D to continue):

With kind regards