[rhn-users] Apply a patch on Red Hat Enterprise 4

Jack Yu huabin123 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 17:36:48 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

I am trying to patch the inotify.path into my Red Hat
Enterprise(Kernel 2.6.9-34.0.1.EL), I copied the patch
to the /usr/src folder, and run the "patch" command, I
get an error said

"can't find file to patch at input line 1676"

So I looked into the .patch file, and seems to be that
it's build for a generic linux, but not red hat, and
the file name for the patch is:
inotify-0.14-rml-2.6.9-1.patch.

Could someone offer idea on how to applying this path.
Thanks you.

Jack