[rhn-users] RHN Down for Maintenance - till when? - mirror site for packages?

Mihai Ibanescu misa at redhat.com
Wed Jul 19 12:19:39 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 09:58:37AM +0200, Herta Van den Eynde wrote:
> We're in the middle of our annual maintenance.  This morning, we were
> greated by a "Down for Maintenance" message on RHN, which claims that
> the "servers will be back online by no later than 11:00PM EDT (UTC-4) on
> Tuesday, June 6th, 2006."
>
> Apart from the fact that it would have been nice if RHN had informed us
> ahead of time, does anyone know how long the maintenance will last?
>
> Is there another location where we could pick up the cluster suite
> packages for RHEL AS4?

Hi Herta,

I apologise for the inconvenience you experienced. Red Hat Network's outage
policy is documented here:

https://rhn.redhat.com/help/outage_policy.pxt

It was unfortunate your maintenance window coincided with one of our code
releases. I was expecting rhn-outage-list to have been notified, but it
appears the announcement email was not sent.

Thanks,
Misa