[rhn-users] Problems with Kerberos in a Windows Domain

Thomas Sauerzapf thomas at sauerzapf.at
Thu Jul 20 12:44:45 UTC 2006

I've got a RHEL 3 Upd.6 in a Windows Domain. Till yesterday everything
worked fine, but suddenly there is no way to connect to Samba-Shares from
the domain-clients. I've checked the Samba Config-Files and the Kerberos
Config - everything is unchanged.

In /var/log/messages, I found following:
Jul 20 14:39:46 oracle1 smbd[7848]: [2006/07/20 14:39:46, 0]
auth/auth_util.c:make_server_info_info3(1134)
Jul 20 14:39:46 oracle1 smbd[7848]:   make_server_info_info3: pdb_init_sam
failed!

The thing is, when I make a wbinfo -g, it lists the Usergroups of the
domain, but when I try wbinfo -u, it says "Error looking up domain users"

Can anybody help me plz?

Thx
Thomas