[rhn-users] do we have solution for this command

sureshskja skja suresh_skja at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 15:43:10 UTC 2006

Hi Dear,

              First u take backup, like this u can take
  dd if=/dev/hda of=/mbr.iso bs=512 count=1 (Backup)
 dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=512 count=1 (Mbr zero filling)
 dd if=/dev/mbr.iso of=/dev/hda  bs=512 count=1  (Then backup restore.it will retrive, but u should be carefull)

 okay....
 bye....

 THANKS & REGARDS,
 SURESH  S
 Wipro Sysytem Administrator

Abhi <abhijeetat at yahoo.com> wrote: hi am using RHEL 4
  after execution command following cmd; the partition table erased can we retrive the table?
  dd=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda1  bs=512  count=1

  abhijeetat at yahoo.com

Thanks and regards,
suresh