[rhn-users] RHN Upgrading to a certain level

Lennart Börjeson Lennart.Borjeson at cinnober.com
Wed Jun 21 07:32:17 UTC 2006

AFAIK, it isn't possible. You can, however, download full ISO images, for each
update level, from RHN. You can then proceed by booting from the first CD and
(eventually) select the upgrade option instead of a normal installation.

I had a similar problem where I needed to downgrade. I couldn't find
any "normal" way to do it but eventually resorted to manually
rpm -Uhv --force all packages directly from the ISO images.

/Lennart

tisdag 20 juni 2006 15:56 skrev Steve Mertz:
> Hi.
>
> We currently have a WS 3.0 system that we want to upgrade.  But we only
> want to upgrade to Update 4 using the RHN updates.  Is this possible? Or
> are we going to be forced into upgrading to the latest (Update7)?
>
> Thanks,
> -- Steve

!++
! Lennart Börjeson