[rhn-users] mySQL version with RHN

Clinton Fernandes clintonf at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 16:43:40 UTC 2006

I remember someone else asking this question some months ago. You may
want to check the archives as I think there was an "official" response
in it.

I can't remember exactly what was said but I don't think that RH
supports MySQL 5.x

You could always download the MySQL version that you want and install
that instead. I did that and had almost no problems. I think all that
I had to do was rename/re-link some library files.

Of course, by doing so you don't receive the bug fixes, etc. that RH
puts out for a package and you must manually keep track of updates.
But version 5.x provides some significant upgrades, so it was worth it
in my case.

On 6/21/06, Sudhir Damle <sudhir at stratogent.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> The mySQL version installed using RHN is 4.1.20, but the latest stable
> available at www.mysql.com is 5.0.21.
>
> Does anybody know why newer version is not available on RHN ? also when it
> will be available?
>

> Sudhir

     my tail is dun