[rhn-users] LVM

Sead Dzelil (Student) sead.dzelil at wku.edu
Sun Jun 25 02:10:25 UTC 2006

I am a system administrator with no experience with lvm. I have used
fdisk in the past and I was very comfortable with that. I have a very
important question. I have a Dell PowerEdge 6800 server that came with
two 73GB hard drives in a RAID 1 configuration. The order was placed
wrongly, because we need 100+ GB of storage. I went into the RAID BIOS
and changed it from RAID 1 to RAID 0. Now the RAID BIOS display the
logical volume with the full 146GB of storage.

The problem is that in the OS(RedHat Enterprise) nothing has changed.
It still only sees the 73GB of storage. What can I do to get the
system to see the whole 146GB? I need as detail info as possible
because I have never used lvm before. Thank You in advance.

Sead