[rhn-users] uninstalling mySQL using RHN network.

Clinton Fernandes clintonf at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 15:49:18 UTC 2006

The error that you are receiving is rather self-explanatory; the
packages listed require the mysql client librart files that are
included in MySQL. You must (see below) remove those packages before
you can remove MySQL.

If you are not going to use MySQL then I don't see any problems
removing the dependant packages (although they may be prerequisites to
other packages). On the other hand, if you prefer to keep the packages
or are going to install MySQL again, then you can use either the
--force or --no-deps option (I forget which; `man rpm` will explain
which to use) to remove MySQL.

As to the last part of your question there is no libmysqlclient
package; it is a part of the mysql package. I don't believe that there
is an intuitive way to know that but you can do some digging around on
RHN. eg. Since you know that the libmysqlclient files must have
something to do with MySQL you can search your system on RHN for all
packages containg the name "mysql" and then see which package has the
libmysqlclient files.

On 6/25/06, Sudhir Damle <sudhir at stratogent.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am trying to uninstall mySQL using RHN and getting following error. Is it
> possible to know what needs to be done? tried to search for libmysqlclient
> package / module but could not find it.
>

> Thanks
>

> Sudhir
>
> ***********************************
>
> Client execution returned "RPM dependency error. The message was:
> Dependencies should have already been resolved, but they are not." (code 14)
>

> Packages to be removed:
>

> perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9004-3.1
>
> mysql-4.1.20-1.RHEL4.1
>
> mysqlclient10-3.23.58-4.RHEL4.1
>
> php-mysql-4.3.9-3.12
>
> mysql-server-4.1.20-1.RHEL4.1
>
> Dependency errors encountered:
>

> cyrus-sasl-sql-2.1.19-5.EL4 requires libmysqlclient.so.14
>
> dovecot-0.99.11-2.EL4.1 requires libmysqlclient.so.14
>
> qt-MySQL-3.3.3-9.3 requires libmysqlclient.so.10
>
> qt-MySQL-3.3.3-9.3 requires libmysqlclient.so.10

Clint

     my tail is dun