[rhn-users] LVM

Sead Dzelil (Student) sead.dzelil at wku.edu
Mon Jun 26 22:37:18 UTC 2006

OK. Here is the output of these commands:

[root at ip023-8 ~]# fdisk -l

Disk /dev/sda: 146.5 GB, 146548981760 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 17816 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

/dev/sda1               1           9       72261   de  Dell Utility
/dev/sda2   *          10         270     2096482+   6  FAT16
/dev/sda3             271         283      104422+  83  Linux
/dev/sda4             284        8908    69280312+   5  Extended
/dev/sda5             284        8908    69280281   8e  Linux LVM

[root at ip023-8 ~]# pvscan
  /dev/cdrom: open failed: No medium found
  PV /dev/sda5   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [66.06 GB / 64.00 MB free]
  Total: 1 [66.06 GB] / in use: 1 [66.06 GB] / in no VG: 0 [0   ]

[root at ip023-8 ~]# pvdisplay
  --- Physical volume ---
  PV Name               /dev/sda5
  VG Name               VolGroup00
  PV Size               66.06 GB / not usable 0
  Allocatable           yes
  PE Size (KByte)       32768
  Total PE              2114
  Free PE               2
  Allocated PE          2112
  PV UUID               akfgOT-b3oe-juDZ-0QGR-Y5Be-RezY-xjIZ8k

[root at ip023-8 ~]# lvdisplay
  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
  VG Name                VolGroup00
  LV UUID                gBNQtN-YtVB-6cTR-nnYs-ayxt-9Xwo-qpKVNy
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              available
  # open                 1
  LV Size                64.06 GB
  Current LE             2050
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     0
  Block device           253:0

  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01
  VG Name                VolGroup00
  LV UUID                Pnep7s-BlfT-VUED-9dHi-0yH9-z1Wa-59cM0L
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              available
  # open                 1
  LV Size                1.94 GB
  Current LE             62
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     0
  Block device           253:1

[root at ip023-8 ~]# vgdisplay
  --- Volume group ---
  VG Name               VolGroup00
  System ID
  Format                lvm2
  Metadata Areas        1
  Metadata Sequence No  3
  VG Access             read/write
  VG Status             resizable
  MAX LV                0
  Cur LV                2
  Open LV               2
  Max PV                0
  Cur PV                1
  Act PV                1
  VG Size               66.06 GB
  PE Size               32.00 MB
  Total PE              2114
  Alloc PE / Size       2112 / 66.00 GB
  Free  PE / Size       2 / 64.00 MB
  VG UUID               x6mvEM-VYuO-muql-HqN7-jrTz-lr3n-a6d8k6

I hope you guys can help. Thanks in advance!

Sead

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:29:18 -0400
 "Lamon, Frank III" <Frank_LaMon at csx.com> wrote:
> Lots of red flags all over the place here - converting a mirrored set
to a striped set on the fly sort of (it sounds like you haven't reloaded
the OS)?