[rhn-users] Update question

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Mon Mar 6 15:33:30 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 07:25 -0800, MJang wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 08:18 -0700, Riley, Liz (ACHE) wrote:
> > Hmm, thanks, I might try that on a test box, I wasn't sure it would
> > upgrade as last time I tried it didn't notice there was an OS on it
> > previously

One more thought, assuming you have appropriate subscriptions, you could
set up your own yum repository; I've had decent success with the yum and
createrepo RPMs from Fedora Core 3 for this purpose. You would just need
to "yummify" a local repository from the RHEL 4 update images. Then
you'd just "yum update" from there.

Thanks,
Mike