[rhn-users] Kernel update from RH Enterprise 4.0 to 4.2 cause kernel panic

David A. Ranch dranch at trinnet.net
Sun Mar 12 17:47:42 UTC 2006

I sounds like the new RHEL kernel either doesn't support AHCI mode or
doesn't properly support your specific setup.  I'd recommend to download
the kernel source RPM, install the Dell patch you mentioned, compile up
this new kernel, and try that.  If that works, submit a bug to RH and
see if they will include the fix in future versions of RHEL.

--David