[rhn-users] USB Ethernet driver on RHEL2.1 2.4.29.e27

Lars Bahner bahner at linpro.no
Thu Mar 16 09:50:50 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am currently investigating USB ethernet for a customer running Redhat
Enterprise Server 2.1 with kernel version 2.4.29.e27.

I gather that CATC, Pegasus, net1080 and others are supported, BUT which
USB ethernet cards for sale today are supported on this platform?

Googling, reading the kernel source and search the knowledgebase have
yielded no conclusive - well, actually, hardly any  statements with
regards to this.

Are anyone here using this such a device successfullt or are there
someone here with distinct recommendations known to work?

Kind regards,
Lars Bahner.