[rhn-users] ati radeon X700 drivers

Benj FitzPatrick benjfitz at uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 16 16:13:57 UTC 2006

Hi,
You will probably want the ati drivers then b/c vesa + mesa
rendering = very slow.  Here is the link to the ati driver
page, make sure to get the x86_64 ones if you are in a 64bit
version.  You want the .sh one (should be 26MB or so).
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=300

Here is a website I used to install the drivers on suse 10.
The only difference will be at the end b/c you can't run sax2
to make your xorg.conf.  I think you should be able to use
/opt/ati/bin/aticonfig to generate one though.
http://susewiki.org/index.php?title=SUSE_10:_ATI_Driver_Installation

Hope that helps,
Benj