[rhn-users] I need help with hosts.deny - doesn't work asIexpected

x6d696168 . x6d696168 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 22:02:02 UTC 2006

No, thats wrong.

TCP Wrappers only protects programs that are linked against libwrap.  Xinetd
provides a similar filtering functionality, but it doesn't require
tcpwrappers, but it only protects applications running via xinetd.  IPtables
is the best way to go, since its kernel based and can handle anything you
throw at it, and doesn't require tcpwrappers, or xinetd since it sits above
them.

-miah