[rhn-users] What is the simplest way to use command line (mailorsendmail) with an attachment?

Bill Watson bill at magicdigits.com
Thu Mar 30 00:18:36 UTC 2006

I tried:
uuencode pdf/300.pdf page300.pdf|mailx -s "This is the subject for page 300"
bill at magicdigits.com

and life is good! A couple of hiccups in that the 2nd parameter on uuencode
(name of file) will add .dat if you do not specify the extension. WinXP
doesn't deal with that so well. Also having the file to attach actually
exist (where you say it does) helps.

Thanks for your help, this is the good stuff that manuals often forget to
cover!
Bill Watson
bill at magicdigits.com