[rhn-users] query on snmp

BENEDICT SIMON DCUNHA benedict at baladia.gov.kw
Mon May 15 09:29:28 UTC 2006

Dear All

I have a redhat linux 8 server running squid n working fine

i wanna restrict services so i use the hosts.allow n host.deny file
to enable telnet from particular hosts and deny everything else

but also i want snmp to be enabled from a particular hosts from snmp query

now in my hosts.allow file i allow telnet for particular hosts and in
hosts.deny file i say ALL:   ALL: DENY

then i see that the snmp connection is refused in message log file

but if i comment the statement it works fine but then i can telnet from
any place

how can i allow telnet n snmp query only from particular hosts and deny
everthing else

appreciate your kind advice

Regards

simon
--
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR...( Kuwait Municipality )