[rhn-users] Sound problem

Mathew Snyder msnyder at servervault.com
Thu May 25 04:49:46 UTC 2006

I have a SoundBlaster Live! installed.  I can get some sounds such as
the notification from a custom, in-house application however, I can't
get any other sounds.  Either internet, system or CD.

I've tried the Test Sound button on the Sound System tab in Control
Center but don't get anything.  The Enable the sound system box is
checked.  I've also tried the Soundcard Detection utility.  I finds the
card but when I press the Test Sound button I get nothing.  When it asks
if I heard the sound I say no and it tells me sound will be disabled.  I

I had sound as recently as 5 days ago but one day it just stopped
working.  I'm not sure if I changed something that I forgot about or
what.  I'm not sure what else I should be looking for.  I checked the
plugs on the speakers and all are seated proplerly.  Like I said, I can
get some sounds, just not all.

--
Mathew Snyder
Systems Administrator