[rhn-users] Upgrade Linux

Kathi Gifford-Hauser kathigh at us.ibm.com
Thu May 25 13:17:55 UTC 2006

I have the same dilemma am upgrading from RH ES 3 to RH ES 4 and am doing
an entire reinstall.
If there is an easier way, could you please provide more details.

             "Tim Evans"
             <tkevans at tkevans.
             Sent by:                  Red Hat Network Users List
             rhn-users-bounces         <rhn-users at redhat.com>,
             @redhat.com               <rhn-users at redhat.com>
                                                                        cc

             05/25/2006 09:00                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [rhn-users] Upgrade Linux

             Please respond to
             tkevans at tkevans.c
                om; Please
                respond to
              Red Hat Network
                Users List
             <rhn-users at redhat
                   .com>

On Thu, 25 May 2006 08:56:21 -0400, Troy A Franklin wrote
> As a UNIX administrator, I find the upgrade path for Linux very
> challenging.  Does Red Hat plan to implement upgrades in future releases
> instead of just a fresh install?

Why do you say a fresh install is the only upgrade path?  RHEL 3->RHEL 4
doesn't require it.  (Yes, upgrades from, say RH8 to RHEL 3/4 do require
full
installs.)

--
Tim Evans, TKEvans.com, Inc.    |    5 Chestnut Court
tkevans at tkevans.com             |    Owings Mills, MD 21117