[rhn-users] Upgrade Linux

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Thu May 25 13:48:27 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 09:32 -0400, Troy A Franklin wrote:
> Tim,
> Thanks for the info.  Do you have any documentation to support this?  I
> am several 2.1 servers that I would like to upgrade to 3.0, or will the
> upgrade only work from 3->4.  Thanks for any/all help.
> Troy

I see some related stuff at
http://www.redhat.com/advice/tips/rhl_rhel_fedora.html

"Upgrading from Red Hat Enterprise Linux v.2.1 to Red Hat Enterprise
Linux v.3 It is technically feasible, although not recommended as the
most stable method, to upgrade to newer versions of the same Red Hat
Enterprise Linux product (for example Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS v.2.1
to Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS v.3). Administrators can specify a boot
parameter to upgrade non-production or test Red Hat Enterprise Linux
systems. When performing an upgrade, customers see the familiar
installation page just before the installer initializes. At the "boot:"
prompt at the bottom of the screen, specify:

linux upgrade"

Thanks,
Mike