[rhn-users] Upgrade Linux

Troy A Franklin troy.franklin at louisville.edu
Thu May 25 14:54:10 UTC 2006

Thanks for the information Tim.  Since most of my systems are critical,
I will stick with the recommended upgrade path from 2.1 -> 3.0.  Maybe I
will try the upgrade from 3->4.  Thanks again for the info.

Troy

>>> "Tim Evans" <tkevans at tkevans.com> 5/25/2006 9:58:03 AM >>>
On Thu, 25 May 2006 09:32:32 -0400, Troy A Franklin wrote
> Tim,
> Thanks for the info.  Do you have any documentation to support this?

Just the RH Installation Manual.
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/

There is a discussion of upgrades at
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/pdf/rhel-ig-x8664-multi-en.pdf

See Appendix A.

Also, I mistyped the command earlier.  It's "linux upgrade" (not
"update") at
the initial colon prompt when booting from CD-ROM.  As the above doc
says, you
may need to use "linux upgradeany" in some circumstances.
--
Tim Evans, TKEvans.com, Inc.    |    5 Chestnut Court
tkevans at tkevans.com             |    Owings Mills, MD 21117