[rhn-users] D-Link DGE-530T network card on RedHat Linux Enterprise V4 Update 4 (2.6.9-42.ELsmp)

Gilles Durot gdurot at i4i.com
Tue Oct 10 18:21:25 UTC 2006

Hello All,

I'm trying to use a Gigabit network card D-Link DGE-530T (actually,
I'm trying to install two of these cards to setup a firewall...) with
the latest distribution of RedHat Enterprise (the Update 4 available
from the RHN, dated August 2006), but the cards do not seem to work.

If I plug the cards on a Windows machine, they work fine, so I know
it's not the hardware...

With this latest distribution (I tried with a earlier one and the card
was not even found by kudzu), the card is recognized by kudzu and it
is trying to use the "sky2" driver.  However, when trying to activate
the ethX device, it always says that the device is not present (even
though kudzu found it...)

Looking on the Internet, I 've seen people recommending the "skge" or
the "sk98lin" drivers: I tried all three with no success.  The Linux
driver distributed with the hardware is *very* old and does not even
compile, so there's no point trying to get help from DLink...

Anyone knows how I could get a distribution tha actually support this
card?

Thanks,