[rhn-users] Migration from zSeries s/390 AS3 to AS4

Simon Henman shenman at temenos.com
Mon Oct 16 13:34:59 UTC 2006

All,

        I have an active zSeries RedHat AS3 installation in an lpar (logical
partition) on a z800 mainframe and want to upgrade from AS3 to AS4. This
will give me greater features including the 2.6 kernel I need to run the new
DB2 v9, BUT I do not want to re-load everything and loose the environment I
have (or data), does anyone know if it is possible to boot from the AS4 cd
for the mainframe and reboot ? There is an option to "upgrade existing
installation" in an intel environment ??????

Any advice appreciated.

Simon.