[rhn-users] Re: File not found during up2date -u

Scott D. Anderson sanderso at wellesley.edu
Sat Sep 16 03:46:17 UTC 2006

Scott D. Anderson writes:
>Error Message:
>    Invalid RPM package alsa-lib-1.0.6-5.RHEL4.src.rpm requested
>Error Class Code: 17
>Error Class Info: File not found.
>Explanation:
>     An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
>     persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
>     If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
>     details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
>     details on how to reproduce this problem.

Following up to my own email, since I went to bugzilla and searched for
"file not found up2date" and got five hits. I noticed that in every case
it was a src rpm that triggered the problem.  In the past, I'd never
downloaded sources, but this machine has more disk space, and I thought it
would be fun to have the sources.  I went back to the up2date config file,
changed sources=1 to sources=0 and tried again.  Bingo, problem solved.

I notice in the bugzilla reports that all five bugs, dating back to 2004,
are marked "NEW," so I assume that this is not a bug that is going to be
fixed.  Is there a better approach to downloading src rpms?

Thanks,

Scott

--
Scott D. Anderson