[rhn-users] upgrading packages for a system group is (usually) broken

Marc Ledent mledent at skynet.be
Fri Sep 22 07:50:41 UTC 2006

Gary Wilson a écrit :
> I've got a system group with 42 machines in it.  Whenever I try to
> upgrade packages for the group using the system set manager, the RHN
> website just sits there working and eventually times out.  I have been
> able to use the system set manager before, but it seems to always fail
> when there is a large number of systems and/or packages involved.  I
> often must resort to logging in to each of the machines and running
> up2date manually.  This is very frustrating.  Anyone else experience
> this problem?

I don't have such experience. However, I do net want to upgrade my
systems with up2date mechanism since our company would not allow systems
to connect directly to the internet. Do you know an alternative way to
upgrade RH systems? (by means of patch CD or anything else- as we do for
Solaris systems?)
> Gary

Marc