[rhn-users] Redhat Developer Suite 3 and Sun's Java ?

Omer Faruk Sen omer at faruk.net
Tue Sep 26 07:29:06 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right mailing list. If not please tell me
which mailing list should I redirect this email to.

My Question is:
Is it possible to use Sun's JDK with Redhat Developer Suite 3? I get
errors and couldn't find the best practice to do so..

I have installed jdk-1_5_0_08-linux-i586.rpm which I have downloaded from
sun.com installed it and edited /etc/tomcat5/tomcat5.conf as:

# you could also override JAVA_HOME here
# Where your java installation lives
#JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java"
JAVA_HOME="/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_07"

Then I restarted tomcat5 service but I get following erros though tomcat
starts:

Starting tomcat5: /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: could not find
jdbc-stdext Java extension for this JVM
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: could not find jndi Java extension
for this JVM
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: All detected jars were not found
for this jvm
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: could not find jaas Java extension
for this JVM
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: All detected jars were not found
for this jvm

rebuild-jar-repository comes with jpackage-utils-1.6.0-2jpp_3rh rpm that
comes with redhat.

--
Omer Faruk Sen
http://www.faruk.net