[rhn-users] RHN problem with noticing machines that are out of date?

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 13:07:42 UTC 2007

On 4/5/07, Mark Watts <m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com> wrote:
> Auto-installation of errata via rhn_check only works if the system isn't
> locked within RHN and you've configured the box to auto-apply errata.
> (Properties tab on the system page).

On RHEL5 systems you can set "do_update = yes" in
/etc/yum/yum-updatesd.conf and yum-updatesd will apply updates
regardless of how the auto errata update flag is set on RHN.

I've been told that my issue on this one is another known problem
affecting systems with multiple CPUs.

By the way, I don't think system locking actually prevents the
application of errata if the auto errata flag is set. It seems to only
prevent the scheduling of "other stuff" on RHN for the system. I've
never seen any point at all to the use of locking a system on RHN.

John