[rhn-users] problem with installing mysql server

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Fri Apr 13 02:17:00 UTC 2007

We started to deploy 64 extension servers and ran into huge issues, so
moved back to 32 bit.....we have 3 x 64 bit Xeon extension servers (Dell
1850s) left from our first attempt and we have found them more work than
32 bit....in the last 3 years....hence we don't deploy anything but RHAS
32bit.

The architecture for Sun is different, if you needed "true 64bit" then I
would expect you to have to run Itanium and not Xeons? So I am surprised
you have to have 64 bit, but then you have supplied little info.

My experience with Redhat's rpm system is it is pretty awful at
times....so it either needs a clean up or a server re-build.....so ring
RH support and see if they can help you clean it up...

regards

Steven Jones
Senior  Linux/Unix/San System Administrator
APG -Technology Integration Team
Victoria University of Wellington
Phone: +64 4 463 6272 Mobile: +64 27 563 6272