[rhn-users] external storage

Kennedy, Cameron Cameron.Kennedy at bovislendlease.com
Mon Apr 16 11:26:27 UTC 2007

Keeping in mind you haven't provided any details about how the storage is connected or what type etc...., I can only tell you what we do for our scenario:

We have fiber attached storage and to add storage without reboot, we use the following:

echo "1" > /sys/class/fc_host/host0/issue_lip
echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/scan
echo "1" > /sys/class/fc_host/host1/issue_lip
echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host1/scan