[rhn-users] cannot display webpage after installing php5

Chen, Jason jun.chen at okstate.edu
Thu Apr 19 16:51:51 UTC 2007

Hi,

Recently I upgraded PHP from 4 to 5. However, after installing new PHP, the webpages related to php cannot display (blank page). Other html pages are just ok. And I run php at the command line, it can parse a simple test.php, which does phpinfo().

I tried IE6 & IE7, both of them cannot display the webpages, including test.php. When Mozilla Firefox is used, it pops up a window asking me to open or save that .php file. It looks to me that there is a missing link between the browser and php. Can anyone help? My OS is RHL AS 4 and I have PHP5, MySQL 5 and apache (not sure about the version). Is this related to some initial files, like php.ini? Thanks.

Jun