[rhn-users] RHN Proxy Servers and Custom Channels completely broken now

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 22:05:24 UTC 2007

Since the release of the 4.2.0 version of the proxy custom channels on
RHEL5 have been broken at least for hosted users. This problem still
persists today more than 4 months later.

Now it appears that all of our custom channels for RHEL3 and RHEL4
stopped working on July 24, the date of the release of RHN 502.

While we were able to make folks wait for RHEL5 and eventually we
provided our own yum repos for those packages, we have a different
more urgent problem with the current situation  as it affects a large
base of installed systems configured to get updates via custom
channels through RHN.

I would appreciate it very much if someone could take a look at the
current behavior of custom channels on hosted systems. If this is
something that can be resolved in a matter of days we can manage, if
we need to bail on using custom channels entirely this couldn't come
at a worse time (the start of the busiest semester of year).

Thanks,
John