[rhn-users] Problems with gam_server

Shehzad Tahir Nagi shehzad at levelelimited.com
Thu Aug 23 11:08:05 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a very basic problem but some how i am not able to get my head
around it. I have Dell blade servers 1955 with RHEL4 OS on it. For past
few days the system has started acting very busy and after quick
investigation (just writing top) we found out that the "gam_server"
service is taking 100% cpu usage. I understand we are doing a little bit
of IO working on the box but even then it shouldn't be taking 100%
process time.

 From what I have noticed its a bug with the kernal but i am a bit
confused how to fix it? If i kill the process, what are the drawbacks?
We have two NFS mounted drive on the blades too.

Please if any one has quick suggestion or a fix, it will be highly
appreciated.

Thanks alot in advance.

Regards,
Shehzad