[rhn-users] qmail problem

Robert Potts robert at pottsdata.com
Fri Feb 2 06:14:23 UTC 2007

Hola Abhi,
Googled: qmail "Invalid mailbox name"

came up with this discussion:
http://forum.qmailrocks.org/showthread.php?t=3858

which has this possible solution:
 >Thanks to braverock and stekkel on IRC for pointing out that the RPM
may have been installed so I was looking at >the wrong config file...
 >I nuked the RPM and put the proper files in /usr/share/squirrelmail
though I'm still not sure what is telling apache to >redirect /webmail
there rather than /var/www/html/webmail .. it isn't in
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf ... oh well

 >--- SOLVED (again) ---
 >Okay so there is a file /etc/httpd/conf.d/squirrelmail.conf that got
deleted when I nuked the RPM, it contains the Alias >/webmail
/usr/share/squirrelmail .. if I rebooted or reloaded apache I'd have
lost my webmail alias, so I'm moving the >files back and reloading apache

hope this helps, and I suggest using google to search in a similar
manner in the future.  I've been kindly taught that the traffic on this
list really needs to be constrained to topics that the list is for and
am fully in agreement.

warm regards,
Robert