[rhn-users] up2date vs iso updates

Wim.de.Haan at dalsa.com Wim.de.Haan at dalsa.com
Thu Feb 15 09:11:08 UTC 2007

Hi,
I'm new to Red Hat.
I maintain a server with RHEL-4.
I'm a bit confused on the RHEL4 ISOs which can be downloaded from RHN.
The server came installed with RHEL-4 (base).
After installing addtional packages, I ran up2date (over night) to install
updates for all packages.
Q: does that mean I'm now up to (or even above) the level of RHEL-4 update
4?

Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,
Wim de Haan

Ing. Wim de Haan
Senior Digital Design Engineer
Group:
CMOS ICs
Email: Wim.de.Haan at dalsa.com
Phone: +31 40 27 24634
Fax:     +31 40 27 44090
DALSA B.V.
Address: HTC 12a (Building WAD)
5656 AE Eindhoven The Netherlands
Postbox: M/S 01
High Tech Campus
Visit our website: DALSA

The information contained here is DALSA company confidential and intended
only for the individuals to whom it is addressed. This message contains
confidential information and shall not be exchanged between the addressed
person and any other third party. Any review, transmission, dissemination
or other use of this information is prohibited. If you received this in
error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.

To help combat SPAM DALSA will no longer return delivery failure notifications for incorrect or invalid addresses.

the system manager.

This email message has also been swept for the presence of computer viruses

Please note that DALSA employee addresses have been standardized to dalsa.com-- Please update your address book as may be required