[rhn-users] Red Hat Network Satellite 4.2.0 Notice

Richard Friedman rfriedma at redhat.com
Wed Feb 28 20:28:11 UTC 2007

RHN Satellite Customers,

We wanted to make available some notes about the upcoming Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 5.0 (official date not announced yet) and RHN Satellite
4.2 releases (available now). With Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0, we are
moving to yum as the standard client by which to communicate with the
Red Hat Network Satellite. The yum on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 will
be packaged with a plug-in to achieve this capability. We have also made
changes in the rhn_register command to support changes in the Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 5.0 registration process.

As a result of these changes, only Red Hat Network Satellite 4.2, Proxy
4.2 and beyond will be compatible with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0.
Any customer using the new OS in their environment in combination with
Red Hat Network Satellite will need to upgrade to version 4.2 or newer.