[rhn-users] NIS or automounter problem

Guillermo Barton = Shark gbarton at sybase.com
Wed Jan 24 00:22:20 UTC 2007

If your users have home directories that are mounting from some other
machine it could be that the home directories for your users cannot be
found. And you will see that exact behaviour...at least for root or
other local users you can edit the /etc/passwd file and change to a
known working directory.  take a look with chkconfig at the autofs startup.
editing /etc/nsswitch.conf and removing nis from the entries you want
will give you the same effect as authconfig in the message below.

best of luck,

-Guillermo