[rhn-users] problems experienced with up2date

Rich Archuleta richa at firstlink.com
Mon Jul 9 21:58:35 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am trying to run up2date on one of my RHEL 4 servers and don't know
how to resolve the following message at the end of the list of
dependencies:

Testing package set / solving RPM inter-dependencies...

There was a package dependency problem. The message was:

    To solve all dependencies for the RPMs you have selected, The
following

    packages you have marked to exclude would have to be added to the
set:

    Package Name                        Reason For Skipping

    initscripts-7.93.29.EL-1            Config modified

Unresolvable chain of dependencies:

hotplug-2004_04_01-7.8                   requires initscripts >=
7.93.14.EL

httpd-2.0.52-32.2.ent                    requires initscripts >=
7.93.26.EL-1

Will someone please point me in the right direction?

Regards,

- Rich -