[rhn-users] problems experienced with up2date

Rich Archuleta richa at firstlink.com
Tue Jul 10 16:26:42 UTC 2007

Alfred,

The output is this:

rpm -V initscripts
..5....T. c /etc/inittab
S.5....T. c /etc/rc.d/rc.local
S.5....TC c /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit

Regards,

- Rich Archuleta -

-----Original Message-----
From: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Alfred Hovdestad
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 10:22 AM
To: Discussions about Red Hat Network (rhn.redhat.com)
Subject: Re: [rhn-users] problems experienced with up2date

What is the output from rpm -V initscripts?   That should tell you what
has changed.  If a config file has changed, you can replace the config
file with the saved version (you did save the original, right?) or copy
the config file from a server running the same version of RHEL.

You can also edit the changed file (once you have identified it) to
remove the changes.  Once that is done, you should be able to run
up2date again.

   Alfred