[rhn-users] RHN XMLRPC API error: Could not find method removePackages ...

Puellmann, James James.Puellmann at savvis.net
Tue Jul 10 21:06:22 UTC 2007

I've been fiddling with the rhn api xmlrpc calls as (poorly) documented
on my Satellite server and I've run into a problem I desperately need
fixed.

I can do things like list all software channels and list packages within
a specific channel without any trouble, but what I *REALLY* need to do
is large numbers (1k+) of package removals and additions to and from my
custom software channels.
When I try to invoke the "removePackages" method, I get the following
error message from my script:

Fault returned from XML RPC Server, fault code -1: Could not find method
removePackages in class class
com.redhat.rhn.frontend.xmlrpc.channel.software.ChannelSoftwareHandler

So what gives? According to the api doc, I'm making the right call here.

For clarity, I'll paste some of the relevant perl code in my script:

[-- begin code --]

use strict;
use Frontier::Client;

my @ids=(list of package IDs to remove from channel);
$rhnClient->call('channel.software.removePackages', $session,
$channel_label, @ids);

[-- end code --]

(Cross-posted to rhn-satellite-users and rhn-users)

--
James Puellmann