[rhn-users] yum equivalents for up2date

Bob - RedHat redhat at scrunch.net
Thu Jul 26 15:07:33 UTC 2007

Now that up2date has been replaced with yum I need to know how to do the following:

1) Have a package skip list to exclude packages from automatic updating.  With up2date it is handled with the --configure option and specifying a list like this: "pkgSkipList ['kernel*', 'httpd*', 'mysql*', 'php*']".  How to do the same with yum?

2) For those packages skipped I download them manually at my leisure with up2date like this: up2date -fud.  How to do the same with yum?

3) Lastly, when the time is right, I install and test the packages, with up2date like this: up2date -fui. How to do the same with yum?